How to rematerialize mutual fund from demat form
Step-by-step guide on how to re-materialize demat units of mutual fund.
There can be some disadvantages and inconveniences for having the mutual funds in dematerialized (aka demat) form.
Some of these are
- 1.Difficult to change the investment platform or DP (Depository Participant)
- 2.Vendor lock-in, where you are locked to the brokerage platform and its subset of functionalities.
- 3.You will have to pay various charges like annual charges, depository charges etc.
Below steps will help you to understand how to convert your mutual funds in demat form.
- 1.Get 2 copies of Re-materialization Request Form for re-materialization from DP for each ISIN (International Securities Identification Number) / scrip / mutual fund.
- 2.Submit the form signed by all the holders along with SOA (Statement of Account), Self attested address proof and PAN to the DP.
- 3.DP does the verification and process the request.
- 4.RRN (Re-materialization Request Number) is generated for tracking.
- 5.On confirmation of details provided, the corresponding accepted balance in the BO’s (Beneficiary Owner) account is reduced from that ISIN balance in the BO’s Account.
- 6.The AMC / RTA sends the SoA/certificate in physical or electronic form directly to the Registered Owner.